Saturday, March 29, 2008

Weekend Update...

Saturday is winding down and oh, what a day it has been. Not a bad day, just a full day.

We started the day with a birthday party at a local indoor play area called Cluggy's...both of the girls had a great time. Big wee one had a freak-out moment, but calmed down after I took her outside...removed her from the atmosphere to take some big deep breaths and have a good talk with her. She didn't understand why the birthday hostess didn't want to open her present (to plaly with it, not just open it) and share it with her. After our talk, I think she got it a little better (or at least I hope so).

Little Wee One diggin' into a cupcake

She LOVED playing in these tubular things

Big wee one, with the help of a friend, made up into the huge tube system! She was lovin' you can see :-)

After partying like rockstars, we headed over to Paul's first home lacrosse game. Beautiful, but chilly weather was our back drop, and of course little wee one instantly fell asleep in the car. Luckily, we had time to kill and spare change to spend, so we headed to McD's for an ice coffee...which took oh, about 5 minutes. Hmmm...what were we going to do for the next 30 minutes till the game started?? I dug through my purse, found some easter eggs (don't even ask what else I found in there! At one point big wee one needed something to "stir" her concotion in her easter egg, and yes, I found an orange peeler in my purse for her to use! When she lost that one, I had yet...another orange peeler to spare) and when trying to transport little wee one to the stroller, she woke up, so both girls played in the gravel infront of the bleachers. I never knew I could enjoy the comforts of dirt so much, until it entertained them for the whole 2 hours of the game! Nice dirty mess, but well worth the fun :-)

This was before she lost that really "clean" coffee stirrer on the ground, and then used the orange peeler to stir. She was covered in that grey "dust". I feel clean just looking at her!

The Trojans won in an awesome game...8-7. There were two ejections (I'm sure everyone would have done the same thing EJ) during the of the other team's players hit one of ours in the "golden egg" so he hit back. Which Paul said, even though its not ok, EJ was playing with an injured something or another, so the rest was good for him. Don't be messin' with our Trojans...YO. Action packed. If you are looking for a new, high-paced, sport to enjoy...look into lacrosse. It's the "fastest game on two feet".

She's just being cute here. Serious coach stuff going on hereLook at that stinker stealing my drink! And I wonder why she didn't just fall asleep at home.

The best babysitter (aside from grandparents...of course!) and she is the lax manager. She's not going to be happy that I posted this pic, but I thought she needed representin'

Both girls were EXHAUSTED by the time we went home. Big wee one pulled out her sleeping back and fell asleep on her bedroom floor around 4:45ish, and has been asleep since. She'll sleep until tomorrow morning. Little wee one tried to lay down to sleep, but her baby just kept her awake the whole time. She and I caught up on some much needed alone time and read lots of books. She's really "growing" a lot lately...she now says, "bye-bye", dog (wog), frog (also wog, but is pointing to the frog, so I'm guessing she's saying frog) and she tells me that the dog says, "wuffff" (the "fffff"s with a lot of spit...very cute). We were concerned because she wasn't talking much, but a friend told me (awhile back) that the 19 month time frame is a big month for talking...and by golly, she's coming around :-) Cutie patootie.

Here are some pics to enjoy...good night! Big wee one had her second dentist appointment. The first time I forgot to bring my camera, so I was sure to get some pics this time. She did AWESOME! Like she's been doing this for years...she loved her new princess tooth brush, and the bubble gum floss (what 3 year old do you know, that likes to floss??). She got 2 thumbs up from Dr. Joe.

No comments: