Thursday, October 30, 2008
Like she has to worry about getting old...wonder where she heard that from ;-)
She followed up with, "I'm going to lose all my teeth and then I won't be able to eat any dinner tomorrow night."
What a perdicament we are in...
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
- We had a FANTASTIC family day today :-) EVERYONE cleaned the house. BWO (Big Wee One/Little Wee One... Thanks Mrs. Barclay for the initial idea) :-) dusted, everything. LWO pretended to vacumn, really she pushed the buttons. Paul rearranged furniture. I, did 3 loads of laundry, vacumned, changed poopy diapers, made dinner, and dusted...lol, Paul did dusting and cleaning of windows as well...we were all on a cleaning kick.
- Don't count on that to last long with me. Though since my mother-in-law has been here (when we were in Tejas) I've mopped the floors twice! I know, I'm shocked as well. But I was completely embarrassed that I didn't have a chance to do it before they came to stay, and then found out that she did; that I've decided to keep up with it on a much regular basis :-) So far, so good.
- We had a fabulous weekend...I scrapped a lot! I had some friends over Friday night, and then Saturday I stopped by a weekend crop some scrap friends put together. I was hoping to stay and scrap, but when I came home I fell asleep, so I ended up not going back, but I did scrap some more when I woke up.
- Sunday, I scrapped some more after mopping my floors :-)
- BWO had her first sleep over at a friend's house by herself...she LOVED it! And from what I heard was a good girl.
- Tonight, BWO told me, "Mommy, you make the yummiest food in the whole world." She's right you know ;-)
- Saturday, Paul and I will celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary, and then later in the month we'll celebrate 11 years of love :-) We are going out Saturday night and I am uber excited!
- I bought a new dress yesterday for the big anniversary night. It was $100, and I got it on sale for $30...sa-weet!
- I just finished the first book in the Twilight series...I'm starting the second book as soon as I'm done here.
- Paul, I love you so much! Even when you are crabby on Sunday, and get in your laundry, cleaning, freak modes. You mean the world to me, you make me laugh all the time and you are such a cool daddy! Thanks for being my best friend in the whole wide world!! xoxo
Look at my weird numbers, I don't know why it did that...Freaky! Oh, and tomorrow we could wake up to snow! Well, a mintry mix of mush and rain...bluck...unless it is snow and then the wee ones will think it's pretty cool! I'm prepping my blog for my new fall "style" that's why I changed the background color...incase you were curious
Monday, October 27, 2008
Paul and I were listening in our room...it was really funny.
Then she says, "Little wee one, Mommy and I will be so proud of you when you wear big girl panties!" (If you've ever heard her talk, she kind of goes into this really high tone when she's happy and excited...she was doing that).
So, Little wee one is sitting on the potty and I hear her asking Big one for a book, so big one gets a book and then silence.
"You DID IT! Wait to go Little one...you are SUCH A BIG GIRL! Mommy, Little one went tee-tee in the potty!"
Immediately, Paul and I run in there, and sure enough she went tee-tee in the potty! Of course, the whole house was doing the happy tee-tee dance and slapping some major high 5's. I love this age! Man, I know I grunt about my kids, but they sure are amusing (and pretty darn cute!).
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Not too much to talk about. Sorry.
That could definitely be a good thing.
Afterwards, since the haunted house took a total of 18.4 minutes, we decided a little karoake action was in order. So, we hit up the local hot spot, sang (terribly), laughed our asses off and of COURSE, Twinkle Toes Tina (thanks Tracie) had to shake her groove thang. I have been wanting to do this for awhile, just let loose and get down and funky, boy did we ever! See how I'm dancing with all the OLD ladies (no offense Old ladies, I feel your inner grove coming out)...see how you don't notice anyone else in the picture?? That's ok, there is no shame in my game! I came out of the bathroom to find this, it's a GOOD THING no one caught my singing on video, because it was HORRIBLE! LOL, no offense J&S, but we should definitely stick to our day jobs, you can kind of hear me in the end joining in with them. What a freaking fun night! After busting this joint, we hit up a local hole in the wall kind of place and TOE'UP the dance floor there! We rocked the party, ROCKED THE PARTAY!
The next morning after my singing debut and dance marathon with my gf's, we decided to have a play group. We did crafts, which included pumpkin butts and ghost feet :-)
Here I come!
Friday, October 17, 2008
I said, "Wazoo"; YOU SAYS THAT?????????!!
Update: they did not use the little blurb where I said Wazoo, instead, they used the blurb where I fling my arms around and talk about apples...lol.
I was interviewed this afternoon in regards to AppleFest, and at one point (I'm admitting, but I'm not impressed with myself at all) I said, "Come visit C-Burg...blah, blah blah and we'll have food out the wazoo."
Thank you dear Father above for editing software!
It's ok...you can laugh, I've been laughing about it all day. I would post a link to the video here, but really I don't want to impress you with my insane interview skillzzzz...ha!
Peace out, I should be alseep by now.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
That was the 2nd time that happened this morning and what makes me so happy about it is 1) they were women. We don't stop another lady to tell them they look nice unless they really do look nice. Men honk, whistle and stop if you have high wasted tapered jeans on...it's different when a woman compliments you. And 2) my skirt is really a dress :-) hehe...it's a tube dress, but the "tube" part of it slides down my front (I'm not sporting the sistas like I used to) so I fold the top down and now I have a skirt that gives me extra support in my tummy :-)
It's nice to improvise!
I hope you get stopped today and some ladies tell you nice things as well. Happy Thursday!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
- AppleFest 2008 is THIS Saturday, October 18th from 9am - 4pm...downtown Chambersburg. I'll be there at 5 am if you feel like stopping by and bringing me a cup 'o joe :-)
- Things with Big wee one still aren't great. Getting a little better, but she's still so wishy washy. It's frustrating, but we are working through it. That's what wine was created for...all that whining!
- I think I'm getting sick. My throat has that scratchy feeling you get before you lose your voice. Lovely, right before my VERRRYY long day on Saturday. Maybe I just scratched my throat on a chip at lunch. Keep your fingers crossed.
- I had lunch with my friend today at the new Italian cafe' downtown and it was very yummy! You should go there, and bring a bottle of wine :-)
- I sent in my deposit for a 3 day crop in November! I'm super excited and I'm hoping to get a LOT done!
- We had Taco Tuesday at my brother's house...sounds like he'll be leavingggg on a jet plane, don't know when he'll be back again; on either Saturday or Sunday :( We didn't even get to carve pumpkins :(
- Tomorrow morning I have a Christmas committee meeting, and I have to bring the girls. I'm hoping drawing on the dry erase board will keep them occupied and Big wee one won't suddenly get mad at me for something infront of everyone! I may need to bring....GUM.
- I got a cute little book in the mail today from girl Lele...thanks Lele!
- Fall in PA is GORGEOUS! The weather is perfect, the trees are beautiful...what a gorgeous day today was!
- I wanted to be asleep by 8:30 tonight...it is now 8:40. Hmmmm...how's that working out for me...lol
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
- Brushing our teeth in the morning & at night
- Making our bed in the morning
- LISTENING to Mommy & Daddy
- Eating 3 bites of dinner (I'll be happy if she does that)
- Dusting on Saturday's
- and going potty before bed
She came up with most of these, so we'll see how she does. If she doesn't miss a single sticker for a week, she'll get a new outfit for her barbie...if she can go 8 weeks she'll get a pizza party. BUT, she can't miss a sticker. She gets it, she told us all about it. How she's going to listen and do what I ask and eat 3 bites of dinner (because she's 3). I'll keep you posted on the how this goes.
How was the trip you ask? GREAT! Paul and I had a blast, totally reconnected and it was fun hanging with all of my old cronies. The guys were exactly how I had remembered and my girlfriends all became way more beautiful...10 years didn't hurt anyone!
Of course we RUSHED home to see our babies and this is what we've been dealing with since. To help relax me, I'm sippin on some Paris, TX wine out of my new Paris, TX wine glass ;-)Pretending this is how I feel right now...
Here are some pics:At the pep-rally Friday morning...brought back a TON of memories.
This was the night of the dinner...it was BEAUTIFUL outside after a morning of TX size thunderstorms. Shelly & Joe's place is beautiful! Thank you so much for being awesome hosts!