Friday, January 30, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
- I have no milk in the house. Big wee one is begging for milk for her oreos and I don't have any to give her (no need to worry mother-in-law, Paul is getting milk on the way home). The reason why I don't have milk...I pulled a wifey moment last night, after having missed her husband all day just wanted him to get home and forgo the grocery store. Hence, we ran out of milk.
- It snowed today! The girls got to spend the day with the "boys" at the sitter, since the "boys" school got cancelled. (Boys: sitter's oldest son and his friend)
- We are supposed to get another 3-5 inches tonight...with ice. Lovely.
- IceFest 2009 is this weekend...starts Thursday. Be there, and dress warm (see above).
- Tonight, I am trying a new recipe that a friend gave me, sounds delish. Crepe Manicotti...YUM! Which reminds me, back in the fall I made a pumpkin soup and never posted the recipe. Sadly, I can't find the sticky that I wrote everything down on, but it was good.
- I'll be making more of these this week. It's my new "thang".
- I just called Paul to pick up 2 cans of crushed tomatos and he just happened to be standing right infront of them, or just walked by them or was thinking about them...whatever, we were semi on the same wave length :-)
- The girls are watching *shocker* Barbie and the Diamond Castle, and now I can't stop singing "we're gonna find it....some day soon". If you have a daughter who is at all into barbies, you are probably familiar with this...if not, you have no clue and you are a very lucky person!
- I need to post some of the LOs I did this weekend when I got to hang with my girlfriends. I believe I finished 10 LOs, which is pretty good for me. This digi thing just helps me whip 'em out :-) Thanks for a wonderful time Sherry and for making the delicious baked potato soup, and for letting me crash in Jake's room.
- It's prego time!! NO...not for me...for everyone else. A friend just had her 3rd last night, a little boy (after 2 girls). Another friend of mine finds out on Thursday if she is having a boy or a girl, and two moms in the MOMs club are now in their 2nd trimesters and doing good. Two more are about to pop at any second! I have the bug, I'm not going to lie, but I'm not going to do anything about it either (at this moment in time).
Here's a little video clip of Big wee one singing a little Barbie & the Diamond Castle for us, she's also been watching a lot of the news lately...can you tell??
Friday, January 23, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Sunday, January 18, 2009
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 2 cans of crushed tomatoes (I used a jar of tomatoes from my parents garden this summer, and then pulsed them)
- 2 cans of corn
- 2 cans of beans, you choose (I used red kidney beans, and only one can)
- 1 lb ground beef (I used half lb of ground beef and a half lb of mild italian sausage)
~put all of this in the crockpot, cook all day and enjoy deliciousness...helps keep you warm when it's freaking freezing outside! brrrrrrr....also yummy with cornbread and mac-n-cheese (I made some for the girls, and decided to put some in the bottom of my bowl and then topping with Mexican stew, it was good).
Little wee one ate 2 bowls of stew, Big wee one didn't even want to look in the crockpot. Little wee one then finished off my kidney beans (I don't like kidney beans, hence why I only used 1 can, well, that and I only had 1 can)...guess who will be home with Little wee one tomorrow when the bean fest goes down (one hint: not me!).
Here are the pages I did and another template if you want one :-)
This was a template I downloaded and added my own papers and embellishments.Another template I downloaded...those templates are helpful for getting ideas and getting your ideas flowing.
I created this template...
And here is the template I created, below is the link for the download.
Enjoy and have a wonderful week!!
This is the LO I created from the template :-)
**I used templates on both of these LOs and just tweaked them.
Speaking of Saturday, Paul let me in on Saturday until about 9:00 am (even though I woke up earlier then that), it was super nice to just lay in bed while he took care of the girls downstairs...just like I'm doing now :-) Nice trade right!
We layed in our PJs all day Saturday, until about 2:30 when we finally decided to get "moving" and head over to a friend's house. They just moved and we went over with another family to help break in their new casa. Saturday morning, I made a crockpot full of Mexican Stew and since we didn't eat it yesterday, lunch/dinner is already to go today!
The girls are coloring, eating cinnamon buns and watching Pinnochio, which I might ad, is just a tad "off" if I might say. We told her last night that there might be some scary parts in the movie, and she woke up 2 times last night saying she couldn't sleep in her bed...I had to take the movie case out of her room for her to sleep! She's a little sensitive. The boys are turning into donkies at this very moment...so weird. What is up with Disney?? They make some whack movies!
I'm gonna do some digi scrapping now and enjoy the rest of our lazy weekend. To one side of our family: GO STEELERS...to the other side of the family: GO RAVENS!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
- I tricked my girl into eating greenbean tacos tonight! Whoosha Momma??
- Everytime Big wee one sees Barack Obama on tv she says, "Look there's Rock Obama of the United States."
- I'm still doing pretty good on my new year's resolution of being a better domestic goddess...I've been cleaning up after my kids, and dinner. Emptying the dishwasher, sweeping a lot (I heart sweeping now that I have this.), and though there have been some moments and I still get frustrated I haven't gone all phsycho momma on my girls...Whoosha Momma?
- Works is in a semi-busy mode, but quiet. I'm working on IceFest, Old Market Day and AppleFest all at once, and only one of those is in the near future...can you guess which one? One is in July and the other is in October...craft vendors are crazy!
- I confirmed with Paul this morning and he is cool with me heading back to the 'ol stomping grounds for an old school crop (ie: scrapping) with my girlfriends! I'm uber excited!! I go next weekend, not this weekend, but next...incase you were confused on that.
- I have to call my mom and ask her to babysit...are you out there Mom? I need her to watch the girls during IceFest (did I just give that away from earlier), probably a spend the night kind of thing, and Paul and I have been invited to B-more with some friends...that's not until April though (another stay the night gig). I hope she says, "Sure daughter of mine, I would love for the girls to come destroy my house and wear me out...bring 'em over!" I heart my mom :-) Whooshmy Momma :-) (tricked ya didn't I??)
- I've been suffering from a cold this week, but so far I think that's all it is.
- I told Big wee one tonight that if she got out of bed at all in the middle of the night, visiting the potty being an exception, that I was going to spank her hiney. Now I feel bad, because if she has a serious bad dream, or really needs me, she may not want to get out of bed. I doubt it though, that girl comes to visit me at least twice a night...most of the time it's like 3 or 4 times a night; and when you have a cold all you want is to sleep.
- I am happy to report that the girl hasn't had any spankings in a LONG time (since way into last year, thankyouverymuch)...so I won't really spank her, due to my new year's resolution, but it gets the point across :-) Whoosha Momma??
- I'm thinking about changing the name of my blog to: Whoosha Momma...keeping it real in my world...your thoughts?
I had a friend tell me the other day...you know who you are! That I looked fat in a picture where I'm holding Wee one in the hospital. Gasp...I know, only true friends can call you fat and get away with it...this my friend is for you. I don't look fat here! HA...it was the angle of that horrible picture and I think I'll replace it with this one :-)