Saturday, February 28, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
through a crack in the door to a wee one's bedroom. Their daddy has been gone all day, they literally have not seen him since yesterday and I got to catch this special moment the three of them had.
I then feel bad for my nonparent friends because they don't know what it feels like to love something so much it makes you crinch in your stomach. That they don't get to hug someone so adorable whenever they want, or hear a little tiny voice say, "I wuv yoo". They may not get to hear in the morning as they are rushing out the door, "Mommy, you look pretty today. I like your shoes." Little things that make you want to grab that little wee one and hug them until you squeeze their guts out. And believe me, sometimes it takes every muscle in my body to control myself from squeezing the stuffing right out of them.
Yea, sometimes it sucks that Paul and I can't just go out and do whatever we please, whenever we please. But, we get to share incredible moments with two of the most amazing little people in the world.And I'm sure that one day my nonparent friends will understand, why we chose to stay home or didn't want to pay the babysitter extra. I'm sure they will also have their own wee ones to hold and to love and will get that though going out is fun, that sometimes staying in is the MOST fun.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
1.wouldn't that be an awesome bed to have in your bedroom...if we had a nook in a house, i would create this for the girls :-)
2.you can purchase these cool repositionable picture frames here...aren't they cute and funky
this website, food gawker, makes my mouth water. there are always TONS of delicious looking recipes pasted all over that bad jackson...go there and indulge yourself with something scrumptious!
i found this sweet little doll on etsy, but now i can't find the seller. i think i saved the picture thinking i would ask mimi to help me figure out how to make it. isn't she cute. sweet and simple.
i wonder if paul would ever let me decorate our dining room to look like this. i love it. so open and airy, a "come in and use me" kind of feel to it. i would use it. i would have dinner parties galor and coffee on saturdays. this room would get used! the only thing i think i would do differently is have a solid pattern material on the chairs. but everything else i love, and i also love that it would go with my china. my china that is packed away waiting for a room like this to be used. i miss you china!
speaking of china...here is mine. so simple and pretty, not to mention elegant. i love it. i know i will love it forever too. probably one of the BEST things we received when we got married (that and my mixer, and our bedding)
and speaking of wedding...this makes me smile. what an honor to be chosen for magazines. a couple of different ones. it was pretty crazy to have your friends email you and say, "did i really see you in a magazine?" pretty cute couple right ;-) if you lived in the philly area, i guess about 4-5 years ago (not sure how long they used that picture, probably not too long) then you might have seen us :-) what a perfect way to document our perfect day!
this picture makes me smile because it was my first college formal with paul. look how young and thin he looks. man, i've made him old! i'm sorry honey, i'm sorry i've made you old...but you are still so handsome to me! and as a side note, i'm pretty sure there wasn't any drinking going on here...back to paul, isn't he so cute. ok, i'm a little biased, but really he NEVER smiles with teeth, so this is a rare, rare moment and i love that someone caught it on camera and i was able to copy it from facebook ;-)
this little munchkin makes me smile and makes me sad. i haven't seen her since she was about 6 months old, but on the other side, pictures like this totally brighten my day. i'm also happy that her mommy and i are getting closer everyday. technology is beautiful thing, and jessica and i are lucky that we can talk every day on the computer. we've agreed to keep each other on track and focused this year :-) my brother is lucky to have her as his wife, and munchkin for her mom and me as a sister. i love and miss you sooooo much little girl! (and your mommy and daddy!)
10. coffee with my girlfriends makes me smile, and so does chill time at my parent's house. they both make me smile equally...both are needed desperately and both are loved beyond measure.
Have a great night!
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
- I am not going to complain at all during this rendition of 10 on Tuesday! Whoosha Momma!
- I am enjoying a glass of my dad's black current merlot. I'm not usually a red wine drinker, but I've been enjoying this bottle a LOT the last 2 days :-)
- Sounds like Paul just got home :-) He had a coaches meeting this evening. Next week is the un-official kick off to lacrosse season, the week after is the official kick off. Lots of coaches meetings, coaches/parents meetings, coaches/players meetings going on lately. Hopefully they are figuring things out and getting pumped for another play-off year.
- My sweet little munchkin niece got her birthday card from us today. Her birthday was December 12th :-) I never said I was timely.
- We had an impromptu playgroup this afternoon...always like a good drop in.
- I made a delicious dinner tonight! Too bad Paul had an upset stomach and then a meeting, he didn't eat any of it, but even both of the girls ate! I pounded 2 chicken breasts flat, and then mixed racotta (sp) cheese with some Italian herb mix, spread it on the flattened chicken and then layed a couple of pieces of spinach on top of that...rolled up the chicken breast, stuck some toothpicks in it, put it in a baking dish, drizzled EVOO (sorry for all those RR haters out there), salt & pepper, then baked at 350 for 15 minutes, then switched to broil and continued cooking for 10 more minutes. I served it with rice (cooked in chicken broth) and applesauce....SOOOO GOOD!! I should have taken a picture, but I didn't...so just enjoy the mind visual. It was really good! Did I mention I then sprinkled mozzerella on top after I pulled it out of the oven? If not, I did...and it was sooo good (did I mention that?) and pretty :-)
- I tried to donate blood today ( O+ ROCKS THE HOUSE!), but my iron levels were too low, so I couldn't. Probably due to all of the tea I've been drinking trying to get the sickness out of me...better luck next time. I did, on the other hand, get to eat a free lunch consisting of an egg salad sandwich (which I totally need to make! I forget how good egg salad is), cookies, brownies, pineapple and apple juice. I also got to hang with my girlfriend Nickalicious for a bit.
- We had our 2nd meeting for Old Market Day today. So far, so good. I don't understand who would want to buy some of the stuff that these people create, but to each their own.
- At dinner this evening Big wee one told Paul to "stop looking at me" After dinner she said, "Daddy, can I tell you something? I'm sorry I said not to look at me, I still love you." Isn't 4 great! I mean she still has attitude, but she is also starting to realize that she can't just be rude all the time, and that others have feelings as well.
- The whole menu planning thing that I've been doing is awesome! I love that my whole week's dinner is already done :-) Tomorrow is pancake and bacon night! I am debating on making beet pancakes...not sure if Paul will be cool with that or not?? I know the girls would love it, their pink! What's not to love...beet pancakes are also pretty sweet, you can't taste the beet in them at all. Maybe I'll just do it and tell Paul it's food coloring...do you think he'll believe me?? LOL
she'll hate me for this when she's older...lol, Big wee one is 2ish here
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Let's recap the week and see what we've all been up to and be happy that we are all still alive.
I finally decided to go to the dr. and get some medicine. I really was trying to man through this "cold", but the cold kicked my ass. I've finished my antibiotics, and am feeling much much better :-) The girls went to school, Paul and a lax meeting and no large injuries occured :-)
Took the girls to their babysitter, and I worked...Paul worked too. Nothing too exciting going on.
Took the girls to school and went to work. About 20 minutes before school was out, they called and said Big wee one fell and bumped her head. There was no outside bump and her eyes were really dialated, so I headed over to get her. She definitely wasn't herself, and her teachers were extremely concerned, but after about 30 minutes she was back to her old self again.
Big wee one smacked her same bumped spot of her head on the corner of the car door. Ouch! You could tell that she really just wanted to yell some bad words! In the afternoon, the cable man came out and installed new phone lines and internet connection. While he's explaining details to me, somehow Little wee one eats it and smacks her cheek on our coffee table...she now has a bruise on her cheek and the cable guy has forever birth control :-)
The girls had a Valentine's party at the babysitter's house and then we came home. Before we left for the sitter, I took some pics of the girls for Valentine's day and of course Little wee one didn't want anything to do with it, but I did get some great ones of Big wee one :-)
I was getting excellent light through Big wee one's window before dance class so I set up my backdrop. A black sheet held onto her dresser with a ceramic piggy bank and the door. She was being adorable with the pictures, and at the end of the photos, she got wiggly and pulled the ceramic piggy bank down. It crashed right on top of her noggin, broke into 1 million pieces and sent coins flying everywhere! I was extremely concerned about her head (could she have anymore trauma placed upon it??), but her head was fine, it was her arm that was hurting her. One of the shards sliced her bicep and of course I instantly thought she needed stitches. I pulled out my dr. skills, pinched the open wound back together, got mad at myself for being so dumb about using a piggy bank, applied a wash cloth and pressure, got Little wee one's shoes on, cursed myself, got downstairs and tied a dish towel around the washcloth, got the girls outside and into the car, and realized, while cursing myself again that I locked the keys in the house! I got ahold of Paul, he came home and pulled out his dr. skills and decided that she didn't need stitches, just a butterfly bandaid and we headed to dance class. All was good after that.
Luckily, we had no minor emergencies, head bumps or falls! I had coffee with my girlfriends, and then went to the dollar store to get the girls balloons. Came home, gave the girls their V-day gifts and then went over to a friend's house to play. We came home and everyone took a nap (minus Paul)...we nixed any plans that we might have had for Valentine's since I didn't wake up until 5:30! Being sick really wiped me out! The girls gnoched on chicken nuggets and yogurt for dinner and then watched Annie. Paul picked up fondue for two and we had a nice romantic night in.
We have a birthday party to head to, so I really should think about getting showered. :-)
I've been creating 2 week menus for our dinner plans and I LOVE it! I buy what I need for the two weeks, saving myself money by not buying unwanted items and then I am also saving myself time since I have every dinner meal planned. And I am happy to report that Big wee one is actually trying new things...not that there aren't arguments, but she does try.
Here are some pages I've done recently...have a great week!
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
though sadly Paul has a sinus headache and his ears feel clogged. Let's keep our fingers crossed that he doesn't get sick! I told him that if he still feels bad tomorrow evening, then he needs to go to the dr. on Thursday...dealing with a suck husband is NO FUN!
Any big plans for Valentine's day? My sweet loving husband and I will be sharing fondue from a local coffee shop, at home, picnic style, while watching a movie :-) Nothing better then a nice night in!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Big moment...I heard the toilet lid slam down the other morning and when I went to investigate what was going on, Little wee one ran out of the bathroom naked and said, "I pood in the potty Mommy, I did it! All by myself, I no need no help!" And she did! She put her little seat inside the potty seat, took off her clothes and did a number in the potty, and then wiped! With NO help. At all! Maybe she'll just potty train herself :-)
After getting her pj's on Little wee one was concerned on where "her" Daddy was...she found him and snuggled :-) I'll be sure to update with IceFest and some other things we have been up to lately, soon. Hopefully these drugs will kick into HIGH gear ASAP.
Have a great night!
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
- I have been exhausted! Paul and I both worked IceFest...me working, he and the lax team picking up trash all weekend long. We have to make sure that Chambersburg stays beautiful with all of the extra foot traffic and trash :-) When I get some more energy, I'll upload some pics from IceFest.
- I feel like I'm starting to get a cold, but I'm holding it off. I won't get sick. I won't get sick. I.Won't.Get.Sick.
- Little wee one is sick...she's got the croup. She's feeling pretty good, but has a nasty cough. She started sterioids today, and that opens her body up to all kinds of infections, so I'm hoping she doesn't get sick again after we finish the medicine.
- Another friend of mine is converting to digi scrapping...hehehe!
- I took almost a 2 hour nap this afternoon...I soooo needed it!
- I had Little wee one's hair cut into a bob last night that is layered in the back...it's really cute.
- Lacrosse season starts in a month minus one day.
- This is the page I just finished:
We are going to visit them this weekend.
9. I can't think straight...I need to go to bed, but I'm semi-scrapping/updating the blog with friends. We are leaving to go home in 10 minutes, so soon I will be in bed. I.WILL.NOT.GET.SICK.
10. I was able to visit some friends 2 weekends ago. Here are some pages I did then: