Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hurting...

Well, looks like Paul will have a fantastic Father's day tomorrow. He was working in the garage after playing golf with his friends this afternoon, fell and broke his hand! Yup...broke his hand. Random right. Golfing one minute, in the ER the next.
He is wearing a simple sprint right now, which is half of a plaster cast that he can take off, but Monday he'll get his real cast. Big wee one already has plans to decorate it for him :-)

Speaking of. I think she's going crazy! She can't decide if she's happy or mad or funny or angry. She can't decide if she wants a drink or her shoes on or who she wants to pour her drink or tie her shoes. It is so frustrating. She asked for a Polly Pocket at Target today (before hand breaking incident), so we said if she was good she could get one. She really wasn't great, but good enough and smiling and happy...so we head to the Polly Pocket lane, pick out one in the price range that we were in the mood to spend and that wasn't good enough for her. So, Paul being the #1 dad that he is, offered another Polly Pocket option, but again...that wasn't good enough. So, she didn't get one. Oh man, did she throw the biggest fit...I took her to the side, had a little talk with her and she chilled. She walked beside me and every word that came out of her mouth was, "Mommy, can I have a Polly Pocket?"..."Please Mommy, can I have one?" so on and so forth. Nope. Not gonna happen. We made it through the rest of the store with her asking me, until we got to check out and she realized (finally) that we weren't going back to get one...life as we know it was OVER! She spent the night in her room, well...until the ER incident and then she went to C's house. I'm so tired of trying to figure her out. Little wee one is just so chill (for the most part)...I don't know if I need to give her a little more TLC with the new summer transistion of it's just an "age" or "phase"...who knows, but it stinks!
Ok, Paul needs his cast back on. Wish him luck!

2 comments:

Ramey and Stephanie said...

Tell Paul to feel better! OUCH!! He may be related to ME somehow. HA. My kids have gone through (still going through) that phase that you described. The only difference is Star Wars men instead of Polly pockets. Just WAIT till you get a middle child. You say your youngest is chill...wait till littl' bro or sis come along. Yikes. Ray is playing Game cube upstairs and thought I'd get on the computer! We're having a fabulous time with him. Soaking him all up...
S

Anonymous said...

Poor Paul, I hope he feels better!

In regards to miss big wee one, well I think its the age. Either that or my kid is going crazy too. Seriously she's out of her mind most days.. And we have at least 2 HUGE temper tantrums every.single.time we go to that darn Target!!! I've run out of options with her and I have no clue what to do anymore! I swear it's her world and we just live in it. LOL