Recipe for Tina's Summer Salsa:
- One each: yellow, orange & red pepper; seeded and chopped
- 1 peaches skinned and chopped
- half of a red onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- juice of 2 limes
- juice of 2 lemons
- salt & pepper
- and I had frozen strawberries in the freezer, so I chopped a handful and added them as well.
Mix all chopped ingredients together, add juice of lemons & limes, handful of chopped cilantro, salt and pepper to taste (I use kosher salt, but you can use whatever you like). Cover and refrigerate for 2+ hours.
- In a glass mix 2-3 TBS freshly squeezed lemon juice with 2(ish) tsp of sugar.
- Add rum, and stir again.
- Add ice and pour water over the top. Garnish with a pitted cherrie (gives it a pink tinge) and lemon rinds.
You can also make this non-alcoholic for the wee ones...my girls LOVED it today :) Enjoy!