Monday, August 10, 2009

I got in a fight...

with a marshmallow and it kicked my arse! See below...I went to visit my bestest cousin Meloni in Pittsburg and her brand new fiance' created this massive bonfire. We were enjoying (lots) of wine and a fabulous dinner (thanks Meloni & Chris), and after dinner I thought a toasted marshmallow would top off the dinner perfectly...little did I know that that marshmallow had other plans. While toasting my mallow, it caught on fire, and naturally I spun it around to extinguish the flame and instead the marshmallow JUMPED off the stick and landed right on my lip (aka, I swung the stick right into my face with a flaming mallow). It felt awesome. Really. Awesome. No really. We laughed our hinies off, because seriously only I would do that and then I sat like this for 2 hours.
We continued on with the festivities, and the next morning I woke up with this awesome blister. You can see the big on, but do you really see all the other tiny little blisters all over my lip? LOL...needless to say I've been pretty self-concious about it. Today, BWO asked me to wash it off. Nice. And Paul told me it was gross. Which it is...all kind of runny and what not. Yuck. Oh well, whatya gonna do??


It was so hard to smile without looking like I had to use the bathroom...ha!
Congratulations Chris & Melonhead!!! Can't wait for June 19, 2010!!!!!!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

You're tough. I would have cried. Seriously I laughed, but I feel sorry for you at the same time! :)/:(

Marie said...

oh my gosh! i saw that you had a fight with a marshmallow but i didn't quite get it at the time. you got your butt kicked! ;)

Jules said...

I burst out laughing! Sorry...I'm sure that hurt like #$Z! but only you, seriously Tina, only you!!!

Lex said...

I liked the text you sent of it...that was good. Sorry sweetie, I know that has got hurt like a btch!

Cristina said...

Oh my gosh, the attack of the marshmellow!!! ;) I'm sorry for your poor lip!!