Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Back to the grind

It surprised some to know that I went back to work on Monday...don't worry, I'm not pushing myself and I really do feel pretty good. I don't have much of a voice (at all), and just when I think my voice is coming back it leaves again, but I really do feel good. Being out and about makes me feel better as well, nothing like some fresh air to help get the blood flowin' :-)

The girls are getting over their messy noses and ear infections, and big wee one is giving me a hard time this week. She's learning to push buttons, but she's also learning that if she doesn't listen she loses something. This morning it was her kitty cat dress up dress and then any t.v. for the evening when I picked her up from the babysitter. Nothing makes me feel better (note the sarcasm here) then when I go to pick her up and she lays on the floor and throws a fit because she doesn't want to put on her shoes! FRUSTRATING! Makes me feel horrible. I stuck to my guns though and she didn't get to do much this afternoon besides (*gasp*) use her imagination and she was so delightful! I think we'll be laying low on the tv for awhile, I like her much better without the distraction.

Some funny things to talk about...
While I was sedated in the hospital, but semi-awake (not enough for me to remember) I started doing sign language to speak to my nurse and to Paul! I totally cracked up, I thought that was the funniest thing, especially since I really only know the basics of sign language (ABCs), but they both said I was really going to town with it...I cracked up when Paul told me about that. I can also write (legibly) while under, like I don't even have my eyes open, kind of under. I don't remember doing that either, but Paul has proof, he kept some of the sheets I wrote on. One of them says, "Save this for my scrapbook".

We have really been blessed by our friends around us. We haven't had to make a meal in a couple of days, and the MOMs club has started bringing us meals as well. What a huge relief. Even though I do feel better, by the end of the day I am just wiped. The meals have been a HUGE relief...so thank you everyone, and all of the food has been delicious! We received a homemade lasagna that was probably the best lasagna I've ever had! AWESOME!
Another good point for the week, is that Paul is home with me. He was scheduled to fly out to Miami for the week on Sunday, but with the girl's being so sick and me not feeling great, he decided to stay in town and I am soooo happy about that!
Speaking of Sunday, how about Super Bowl, that was a pretty good game! It was the first time in a couple of years that we 1) actually got to watch the whole game and 2) did it on our couch ;-)

Sorry if this post was kind of all over the place, that's kind of how I am right now.
Have a great night :-) Off to watch Biggest Loser (inspiration)

No comments: