Sunday, March 23, 2008

Fun times

Happy Easter Everyone!

Today is Easter Sunday, and our house is busy with wee ones running crazy, food cooking and me posting :-) We hope all of you have a wonderful Easter and that you spend it with the ones you love. We'll be heading over to Mimi's house later to celebrate with Sam, Ste & the boys...needless to say I am so excited to see them!

Last night, I sponge rolled big wee one's hair. I used the same sponge rollers that my mom used on me 22+ years ago...and all the memories came back. I too, used to be excited about having them in my hair, only to wake up the next morning crying and embarrassed that my hair resembled a small blonde poodle! Big wee one did the same exact thing this morning (I'm chuckling just thinking about it), I took out the rollers, and started to chuckle to myself and she started to cry. HYSTERICAL! Paul woke up and came into the room because she was that upset. He thought she had a wig on...did I mention how funny this all was. I couldn't even calm her down because she looked so funny. I didn't tortue her long enough to get a picture, she made me wet her hair and comb it out...who knows when that will happen again. I was hoping we could get a mock hair rehearsal for her dance recital...oh well.

Friday night, big wee one had her mock sleepover and LOVED it! The girls played, ate pizza, watched movies, played, danced, painted toenails, ate cookies and played some more. When it was time to go home, big wee one didn't even make it out of the drive way before falling asleep. She was exhausted! It was nice to let the girls be girly and the moms to veg...thanks for having us over peanut butter cup :-)

Have a great day!

No comments: