Tuesday, February 17, 2009

10 on Tuesday

Here is another edition of 10 on Tuesday...read 'em and weep.
  1. I am not going to complain at all during this rendition of 10 on Tuesday! Whoosha Momma!


  2. I am enjoying a glass of my dad's black current merlot. I'm not usually a red wine drinker, but I've been enjoying this bottle a LOT the last 2 days :-)


  3. Sounds like Paul just got home :-) He had a coaches meeting this evening. Next week is the un-official kick off to lacrosse season, the week after is the official kick off. Lots of coaches meetings, coaches/parents meetings, coaches/players meetings going on lately. Hopefully they are figuring things out and getting pumped for another play-off year.


  4. My sweet little munchkin niece got her birthday card from us today. Her birthday was December 12th :-) I never said I was timely.


  5. We had an impromptu playgroup this afternoon...always like a good drop in.


  6. I made a delicious dinner tonight! Too bad Paul had an upset stomach and then a meeting, he didn't eat any of it, but even both of the girls ate! I pounded 2 chicken breasts flat, and then mixed racotta (sp) cheese with some Italian herb mix, spread it on the flattened chicken and then layed a couple of pieces of spinach on top of that...rolled up the chicken breast, stuck some toothpicks in it, put it in a baking dish, drizzled EVOO (sorry for all those RR haters out there), salt & pepper, then baked at 350 for 15 minutes, then switched to broil and continued cooking for 10 more minutes. I served it with rice (cooked in chicken broth) and applesauce....SOOOO GOOD!! I should have taken a picture, but I didn't...so just enjoy the mind visual. It was really good! Did I mention I then sprinkled mozzerella on top after I pulled it out of the oven? If not, I did...and it was sooo good (did I mention that?) and pretty :-)


  7. I tried to donate blood today ( O+ ROCKS THE HOUSE!), but my iron levels were too low, so I couldn't. Probably due to all of the tea I've been drinking trying to get the sickness out of me...better luck next time. I did, on the other hand, get to eat a free lunch consisting of an egg salad sandwich (which I totally need to make! I forget how good egg salad is), cookies, brownies, pineapple and apple juice. I also got to hang with my girlfriend Nickalicious for a bit.


  8. We had our 2nd meeting for Old Market Day today. So far, so good. I don't understand who would want to buy some of the stuff that these people create, but to each their own.


  9. At dinner this evening Big wee one told Paul to "stop looking at me" After dinner she said, "Daddy, can I tell you something? I'm sorry I said not to look at me, I still love you." Isn't 4 great! I mean she still has attitude, but she is also starting to realize that she can't just be rude all the time, and that others have feelings as well.
  10. she'll hate me for this when she's older...lol, Big wee one is 2ish here


  11. The whole menu planning thing that I've been doing is awesome! I love that my whole week's dinner is already done :-) Tomorrow is pancake and bacon night! I am debating on making beet pancakes...not sure if Paul will be cool with that or not?? I know the girls would love it, their pink! What's not to love...beet pancakes are also pretty sweet, you can't taste the beet in them at all. Maybe I'll just do it and tell Paul it's food coloring...do you think he'll believe me?? LOL


Night-night.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Beet pancakes for sure! That's we are having at lunch and my mouth is watering just thinking about it! I still giggle when I see the kids eating them b/c I cannot believe they are eating beets! hehe!!!